Community

2012 “Emerging Artist” Lumie Award Nominee

I’m very excited to report that I’ve been nominated for the Tucson Pima Arts Council’s 2012 “Emerging Artist” Lumie Award! It came as a complete surprise and I feel so blessed to be nominated. Emerging Artist This award will be presented to an emerging artist for her or his outstanding innovation in a chosen field of art. The Tucson Pima… Read more →

Eat Dinner Fund an Artist

The June 10, 2011 event “Eat Dinner, Fund an Artist” was the brain child of David Aguirre, Director of Dinnerware Artspace. I know this was almost a year ago now, but this is the beginning of a wonderful journey I had last year and it wouldn’t make sense to leave it out. The concept for the event was to invite… Read more →

2012 Tucson Festival of Books!!

In the summer of 2011, I was commissioned by Pima County Public Library’s “Nuestra Raices” to paint the backdrop of their stage at the 2012 Tucson Festival of Books. After a few meetings, it was decided that I would paint four panels that would total six feet in height and sixteen feet in width. The theme of the panels was… Read more →